Bette Wappner, Coordinator
Details of [Baren Exchange #21]
- Medium: woodblock print (hand rubbed or pulled on a press, B&W or colour, any pigments, any paper).
- Theme: Surimono: the four elements (earth, air, fire, water).
- Image size: no restriction.
- Paper size: Shikishiban, about 9 x 8 inches (23cm x 20.5cm) vertical format only.
- Paper type: no restriction
- Registration period: One month starting April 1, 2004
- Delivery deadline for finished prints: August 1st, 2004
Being a coordinator for the first time has been enjoyable and educational! I'm proud to be a part of Baren - a wonderful, sharing group of international printmakers, much like the harmonious song of the cicada - people sharing their love of printmaking across the world.
I'm very pleased to see such a successful effort of those who wrote haiku and poetry - some for their first time! Such beautiful Surimono prints to be shared here today, carrying on a fine Japanese tradition amongst friends.