Maria Arango, Coordinator
Details of [Baren Exchange #23]
- Medium: woodblock print (hand rubbed or pulled on a press, B&W or colour, any pigments, any paper)
- Theme: Tribute to a most influential printmaker.
- Image size: no restriction
- Paper size: Oban, about 15 x 10 inches (38 x 25.5 cm)
- Paper type: no restriction
- Registration period: One month starting October 1 , 2004
- Delivery deadline for finished prints: February 1st, 2005
** Note: There is one 'extra' print in this collection, a gift from John Center who languished on the waiting list until the very end. **
Personally I was inspired by the theme and found myself in a whirlpool of images representing all those printmakers, past and present, that continue to fuel my love for the craft. I settled on one representing those past and one that inspires me to this day. In studying the collection of prints, seems the participants also honored both past and present in a surprising diversity of styles and eras. This tells me that printmaking is a vast and worthwhile world and I am happy to continue to make prints and exchange prints with all that will. Enjoy the collection!
-- Maria Arango, Las Vegas Nevada