Exchange #29a 'The Nude' -- Salon de Refusé
Robert Viana, Coordinator
Details of [ Baren Exchange #29a 'The Nude' -- Salon de Refusé ]
- Medium: woodblock print (hand rubbed or pulled on a press, B&W or colour, any pigments, any paper)
- Theme: The Nude
- Image size: no restriction
- Paper size: Oban about 15 x 10 inches (38 x 25.5cm).
- Paper type: no restriction
- Registration period: One month starting April 1 , 2006
- Delivery deadline for finished prints: August 1, 2006
I was thrilled to be the coordinator of this exchange! As I looked through all the wonderful prints and thought about the theme, "The Nude", I couldn't help but think that there was a theme within a theme. When looking at the set of prints as a whole, it seemed to me that the inner theme was one of spirituality or some form of celestial awakening. Whether it was in the mannerism of the form depicted or the very angelic imagery itself, all these amazing prints spoke of a larger picture. The human form in its unclothed state brings to my mind the closeness that we all wish to feel with our gods or higher powers.